Getting a job as an international student

You do not need a separate work permit if you are a full-time student at the University of Toronto, with a valid study permit.

While your study permit is valid and you are a student at UofT, you are eligible to work up to 20 hours per week during regular academic sessions and/or work full-time during scheduled breaks, such as the winter and summer holidays or spring break.

However, you will need a Social Insurance Number (SIN) from Service Canada to work in Canada or to receive benefits and services from government programs.

For reference and more details, please refer to this webpage.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *