Location of Classes

Your QuestionsCategory: AcademicLocation of Classes
Natalie asked 5 years ago

Hi! I have a question about the location of classes I am planning on enrolling to. How can I tell where they take place? For example, what does “NF008” mean? I want to try planning my courses so that I don’t have to sprint across campus to be there on time (although the exercise would be good anyhow). 
Thanks in advance!

2 Answers
Chiao Staff answered 5 years ago

Hi Natalie! Thanks for your question. So NF stands for Northrop Frye Hall, you can find it as well as all other UofT buildings on http://map.utoronto.ca/ 

Jannie Staff answered 5 years ago

Hi Natalie,  
      Just to elaborate on what Chiao said, each building at U of T has a two letter abbreviation (e.g. SS, BA, CH) and you’ll be able to find the building easily on the map he linked. In regards to your example of NF008, that just means it will be Room #008 on either the first floor or the basement of Northrop Frye. Every building is different, but typically if there is a 1 in front of the room number, it’s on the first floor, and a 2 if it’s on the second floor and so on. Good luck finding your classes and don’t hesitate to ask us if you have any more questions!